Definition of Report text
Report is a text which presents information about something, as it is. It is as a result of systematic observation and analysis
Generic Structure of Report text
1. General classification: Stating classification of general aspect of thing; animal, public place, plant, etc which will be discussed in general
2. Description: Describing the thing which will be discussed in detail; part per part , customs or deed for living creature and usage for materials
Language Feature of Report text
• Introducing group or general aspect
• Using conditional logical connection; when, so, etc
• Using simple present tense
In short, report text describes the way of certain things and frequently refer to phenomenon of nature, animal and scientific object. Mostly, report is written after getting careful observation. This scientific and technical sense make clearer difference from descriptive text. The way of descriptive text in showing thing is based on the objective fact of the thing. It describe the specific thing simply as the thing is.
Let's go on to the next session.
Now, look at some pictures below.
Match the statements below with the pictures
1. It looks so blue, bright, and not cloudy
2. We live here, in this planet
3. They have their own light
4. It can produce the scorching hot
5. A group of millions or billions stars in this space
Listen carefully to the example of report audio text below! The audio is about the new stars discovery. Check this out.
If you want to download this audio, please go to this address: <embed src="http://www.4shared.com/embed/546535188/9e9badc3" width="420" height="250" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed>
After you listen to the audio, please take the quiz. Check this out!
There are some important words or phrases that you listened from the audio. It can enrich your vocabulary. Look at these words or phrases below.
3. powerful instrument
5. the cosmos
7. scorching hot
Find the meaning of the words and make the new sentences with the words or phrases above. Practice it in your own learning! Do your best dear! :-)